Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chapters 7-19

I thought that chapters seven through nineteen were sad and depressing. I thought it was sad when Ona got raped at work by her boss and then when Jurgis went to her work and beat him. Jurgis went to jail and it was gross there. The small cells with bug infested mattresses were what they had to live with. That was horrible and disgusting. I thought it was cute when they had their first baby Antanas and then when she had her second one and both Ona and the baby died at the second birth. It is sad how the whole family lost their home and jobs. They had to move and it was sad that they had a new baby and they had to move to the boarding house. The baby died because Ona didn’t have a midwife and she needed one. Now Jurgis is like an alcoholic and takes Kotrina’s money to go get drunk. I thought with the baby, Ona, and Kristofora’s death that these chapters were depressing and also how everyone lost their jobs and they lost their houses. If Teta Elzbieta’s son died from eating bad meat then I wouldn’t eat meat after that. These chapters are very sad and I hope that Antanas doesn’t die.       

4 comments:

  1. Dear Destiny,

    You covered the main topics in this very long reading you addresed them with your own vision. The reasponse seems rushed so if you took to the time to type it it would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do agree with you that these chapters were sad but i think you could have put a lot more time into writing this response. We read 13 chapters and im thinking Mr. J expects this response to be long, discriptive, and fun to read. I see a lot more potential in your writing then you are showing the rest of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you keep saying how this makes you depressed and why but you dont really elaborate on that. other than that i think that your blog is interesting and by reaading it i can tell why you think all of this is depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Destiny,
    Yes I too agree with you. These chapters were very sad and depressing. Having to move was sad and having the new baby. I think Ona died not the baby? or it was the other way around maybe your right, but all I know is after someone died then that's when Jurgis became an alcoholic. I agree I wouldnt eat the meat either. I want to be a vegitarian because of all this.

    Breanna Lozoya

    ReplyDelete