Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Response to The Awakening

   
I thought this book was alright. I felt that in this book that Edna just wanted to be free. I think that Edna wants to be free and not like the other people in her culture. She wants to be her own person and have her own beliefs in life. She doesn't want to be a follower of the others in the culture. I think that in this book the men are like the rulers and say what the wives have to do. In the book Edna learns about freedom of expression and she wants that freedom to do what she wants and not what the culture does. She was wanting to be a free person and she did not want to follow the rules that the other women and people do in the culture. I thought Edna was different and I liked that because she was someone who wanted to be herself and to be free from what others in her culture were doing. I thought that this book was better than the ones we have read in the past and I liked this book better. The part I didn’t like is when she had the secret relationship with Robert. But overall I thought this book was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment