Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chapters 27-28

         I think that in chapter 27 it is sad that Jurgis gets a job, but then he gets fired because he is not strong enough for the work that needs to be done. I also think it is sad when he goes to visit Marja and the police keep running after him. Its sad when she tells him that neither of them could support the children with jobs. The part that grosses me out is that Stanisolvas died by getting attacked by rats. I think that Marja is bad because she went into prostitution to keep the rest of the family from starvation. In chapter 28 Jurgis has to listen to a speech but I don't really understand why. In the end of chapter 28 he found a political party to represent his interests rather than those of the privileged, powerful, and wealthy. It made me feel happy when he found people who have the same interests.

2 comments:

  1. destiny, i really like your blog!you are really good at putting your emotions into your blog! I agree that it is gross that Mr. S(thats what im calling him coz his name is too long) got killed by rats. bleck! :p good job! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said! You did a really good job at conveying your emotions as well as summarizing what you read. Good job Destiny. :)

    ReplyDelete