Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chapter 11 reaction

In this chapter Fredrick was planning to escape. I liked how he escaped but he was hungry and homeless in New York. Then he met Mr. Ruggles who took him in so he had a place to live. At the end of this chapter it is talking about Fredrick going to anti-slavery meetings and was able to say what he wanted to. I liked how he finally got married and was happy.I was happy that he escaped slavery and was free. In the end at the appendix Fredrick talked about how religious people could be so cruel to the slaves. Religious people are usually nice and respect others but these people were different and they were mean to the slaves.

Questions:
1. How could the religious people be so mean to slaves and not think that it is wrong?
2. Why did Fredrick trust Mr. Ruggles?
Comments:
1. I felt happy when Fredrick escaped and was free from being a slave.
2. I like Mr. Ruggles.

5 comments:

  1. I love this chapter,For only the reason that he finally escaped! The only thing that I dont agree wtih is that religios people arnt always nice,Thats a sterotype to me destiny.

    p.s. I still love you.
    Im not excited for geolgoy.

    loveee
    xoxxo
    claire:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with claire(: your writing was really great(: oh my geee wizz keep it up girl
    loveeeee love
    merrisa(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Destiny,
    I liked how you included so much detail about the story and emotion in your response. I agree with you that I am glad Frederick is finally free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you that it was good that he escaped and that he is finally free. I think you explained your responce well. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like how your blog was short and to the point and i think it was really smart for him to join the anti slavery group he ended up being an anti slavery leader

    ReplyDelete