Monday, October 4, 2010

What is your reaction to Chapter 1?

Reaction to Chapter 1
     I thought that chapter one was sad. This chapter introduces the reader into the beginning of Fredrick Douglass life. I would have to say that he went through a lot. Fredrick Douglass had a hard life. He didn't even know his own birthday. I thought it was sad when he had to witness his Aunt Hester getting beat. He had a master and is aunt had the same master and she had disobeyed the master by going out and she was found in company with Loyd's Ned. The master didn't like them. He had took her home and tied her up and then he beat her and made her bleed. Fredrick Douglass was there and he had to witness all of that. At the time of his Aunt's beating he was still a kid. He had never seen anything like this before because he had lived with his grandma for a while and now he sees the bloody scenes of people beating others. I thought that reading this story was very, very sad and I didn't like it. It was sad how he didn't know his birthday and he barely knew his mom. His mom died when e was about seven years old. This is a sad story but overall I think that the writer made this story paint a picture in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment